45 Basket Storage Ideas: How to Organize with Baskets
Basket storage ideas to make your home beautiful.
I’ve never met a basket I didn’t like!
If I find one I love, I will find a way to use it for something beautiful. Or to store something I love!
Do you love baskets as much as I do?
There are numerous ways to use them around your house! Baskets are a practical, pretty, and easy way to organize your home.
We will be looking into basket storage ideas in this article. And how to use them in each room of your home.
Organizing Your Home With Baskets
Baskets are one of the most versatile and affordable storage solutions for organizing your home. Professional organizers often use baskets for their versatility.
You can find baskets in many different shapes and sizes. You can easily find ones that fit your decor and budget.
I use baskets to store everything from clothes to toys to towels. But baskets aren’t just practical- they can also be quite beautiful.
A well-chosen basket can add a touch of elegance to any room. And it can also be a great way to display items that you want to keep close at hand.
We will link to some beautiful, decorative storage baskets below. Baskets are a stylish, affordable way to decorate your home.
Manage Your Chaos participates in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.
Creative Storage Solutions for Baskets
Baskets of many different types can be used to create storage solutions in your home. Follow the link to see what they look like:
- Wall baskets
- Hanging farmhouse wall baskets LOVE these!
- Mounted bin baskets are farmhouse style with labels!
- Wire baskets wire basket storage ideas
- Wicker baskets
- Woven baskets are beautiful and perfect for the pantry
- Macrame storage baskets
- Canvas linen baskets
- Rope Basket
- Fabric baskets
- Hyacinth baskets These are very pretty baskets
- Rattan baskets
- Metal baskets
- Grid baskets farmhouse style
- Decorative baskets Any basket can be a decorative basket if you love it and put beautiful things inside!
Where to Shop for Baskets
There are many places to find inexpensive baskets. I love checking out the Dollar Tree or Dollar store for finding small baskets. Thrift stores and yard sales can be great as well. Here is a list of great places to find a good selection of baskets!
- Home Goods Store
- Hobby Lobby
- Dollar Tree
- Dollar Store
- Thrift stores
- Yard sales
- Department stores like Kohls
- World Market
- Bed, Bath, and Beyond
- Big Lots
Baskets Storage Ideas for Your Entire House
These are my favorite ways to organize baskets in every room of the house.
Baskets are a great way to maximize space in your small bathroom.
Baskets come in many sizes, so you can find ones that fit on shelves or in cabinets. Here are some excellent ideas for baskets in your bathroom:
- Store items under the sink. Take a look at this lovely two-tier organizer basket.
- More under-the-sink storage baskets. I love this nice 9-piece woven storage basket set.
- Storing toilet paper on the toilet tank top is a great idea. I LOVE these Macrame baskets!
- Mounted bin baskets for toiletries. Check out these Farmhouse-mounted bin baskets.
- Over-the-door basket organizers. I like this Over-the-door basket organizer with towel hooks.
- You can roll your hand towels and washcloths and store them in baskets. These hand-woven storage baskets are perfect for this.
- Not exactly storage, but this is an adorable wicker wastebasket!
- Keep fresh towels in a large basket on the floor in your bathroom.
We tend to buy furniture that has storage built into it. At least whenever possible!
We bought a massive ottoman as a “coffee table” with storage underneath.
In addition, our end tables have storage underneath. I store my books below in cute baskets. These are some basket storage ideas for your living room:
- Using baskets to store extra blankets. This is a beautiful, large woven rope basket.
- Utilize storage space under coffee tables or end tables.
- Use a decorative, small basket for remote controls and other small objects.
- Use a nesting wire basket that has wooden tops. This set is a 2-set farmhouse-style side table. Must see!
Take measurements of your space, so you will know how many baskets you need. Purchase the same basket style, so your craft room has a cohesive look.
Shelves are a perfect place to line up your baskets. There are baskets with labels, so you will know exactly where to find your supplies. These are some great finds for your craft room:
- 9-piece mini wall-hanging storage bags These are perfect for small items like beads or buttons.
- Woven storage basket set. This is perfect for craft supplies. Attach these label clips, write down the baskets’ contents, and then line them up on your shelves!
- These are great storage baskets if you are a colorful person!
- Wall-mounted storage baskets would hold a lot of craft supplies.
- Here is a large basket for yarn or fabric scraps. There are many basket options for this!
Baskets are an excellent option for home office storage. They’re versatile and stylish. You can use them to store files, documents, office supplies, and electronics.
Choose baskets that coordinate with the overall design of your office. That way they will create a more cohesive and modern look. These are some ideas for your home office:
- Wire basket desk organizer This is a rustic-type decor organizer for home and office organization.
- A stackable hanging file holder will give you easy access to your important files and documents.
- This hanging office desk organizer is in the same style as the above two items. It will give your home office a nice, neat, modern, and organized look.
One of the best ways to add extra storage to your laundry room is with baskets.
Baskets are perfect in your laundry room for storing:
- laundry detergent
- fabric softener
- dryer sheets
- lint rollers
You can use baskets to store dirty laundry until it’s ready to be washed.
And the best part is that baskets are usually very affordable. You can easily find a storage solution that fits your budget. These are some ways to use baskets in your laundry area:
- A wicker laundry basket is much nicer than the plastic one we used growing up.? I LOVE this cotton rope laundry basket!
- We have the laundry area in our kitchen behind tri-fold doors. It has shelves above the washer and dryer. I lined them with inexpensive plastic storage baskets like these.
- You have to have this lost sock basket! So adorable to put on your laundry room shelf.
Baskets are a perfect way to add extra storage without wasting valuable floor space. You can turn even the smallest kitchen into an efficient storage space with ingenuity. Check out these ideas:
- Over-the-door pantry organizer with 3-tier storage baskets.
- Kitchen pantry baskets with built-in chalkboard
- Larger kitchen storage baskets for bread and cereal with chalkboard labels
- Wall-mounted metal wire basket organizer is a good option for a small kitchen.
- Stacking basket bins for clutter-free storage of fresh fruit and veggies.
- 4-tier metal floor standing antique black baskets for fruits & veggies. I LOVE this one!
- Another 3-tier wire basket stand for fruit and veggies
- 2 set kitchen counter baskets with bamboo tops are beautiful and functional.
- These refrigerator/chest freezer baskets are unique!
- You can store often used spices in a basket on the countertop.
- Tuck baskets into any open storage spaces in your kitchen.
- Use baskets for any over the cabinet spaces.
If you have kids, you know their rooms can quickly become cluttered. Baskets are an awesome way to keep your kid’s room organized and tidy.
Baskets come in many sizes, so you can find ones that fit perfectly in your kid’s room. In addition, baskets are easy to clean and can be used repeatedly.
Basket are worth considering if you’re looking for toy storage options. These are some great products to check out:
- Book baskets are a perfect place to store their many books. This is an adorable book basket.
- A toy basket is excellent for your child’s stuffed animals or other soft toys. I love this basket.
- I LOVE this sturdy, colorful basket. It is a perfect solution for storing board games!
- Here is another large, beautiful storage basket for laundry, blankets, or linens.
- One more beautiful, large rope basket is perfect for blankets, stuffed animals, or pillows.
- Okay, I couldn’t resist one more basket. This one is a pink fox woven rope laundry basket. LOVE this!
- Plastic storage baskets are great for lining shelves to contain your child’s smaller toys. Here is a set of 3 Pink Storage Baskets. These come in different colors as well.
- Wall-mounted bookshelves are a perfect space-saver for your child’s room. Check out this set of 6 Wire Storage/Bookshelf units.
- Here is a set of 4 floating bookshelves. It is a space-saving way to store your child’s books. You can also use these shelves in your pantry or bathroom!
- Look at these smaller storage baskets that fit into 12×12″ cube storage organizers. You can choose many different colors that are also sturdy and stylish!
Baskets are a versatile storage option that can be used in many different ways. We’ve shown you 45 basket storage ideas to help get you started, but don’t stop there!
Use baskets to organize your home in a way that makes sense for you. Be creative! You can use any of these ideas for any living space in your home.
Tell me some of your favorite ways to use baskets! Let us know in the comments below.
Check out my About Me Page to learn more about my crew and me!